Monday, September 10, 2012

I Am The Omega

This is my first Character Appreciation post and what they mean to me! Due to the day I'm kind of having...I watched the Digimon movie and wanted to start doing posts that show my favorite characters and why I like them and what they mean to me.

So the first character I will introduce------
"Part WarGreymon.....Part MetalGarurumon...THEY DIGIVOLVED 
TOGETHER TO BECOME......" 
OMNIMON! 

Even as a kid this was my favorite part of the movie. To me...this Digimon became my all time favorite Digimon and one of my top 10 favorite characters of all time. The scene of Omnimon's birth (or Omegamon for those who favor the Japanese version) is one of the most pure forms of hope that you can find in a children's program of the 90s. Omnimon represented the the one wish of all the world's children wanted. A way to protect everyone and defeat Diaboromon. The music, the power of the words, and Omnimon's appearance just shows something that it is the pinnacle of what the Digimon series stands for. 

Omnimon is the ultimate form being courageous to stand up to something that effects everyone and using the support of your friendships in the darkest of times. 



Sure in the series Omnimon will be trumped and will be soon viewed as one of the top Digimon of the Royal Knights. He will then get a somewhat anti-hero role in the Digimon X Evolution film. 

But this scene will always be my favorite and Omnimon will always be that pinnacle point of sheer awesomeness :) 



~The Silly Wanderer~



No comments:

Post a Comment