Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

DINOSAURS ON A SPACESHIP

Oh my giddy aunt. 

I swooned from Asylum of the Daleks cause the Daleks are my favorite of any alien species in all of science fiction.

Then Doctor Who gave me an episode. 

An episode that just combines all the trains into my head and smashes them into this wonderful excitement that honestly I couldn't almost keep contained. 

Doctor Who<----Favorite Science Fiction
Dinosaurs<-----Favorite Thing 

With their powers combined------
Just a bunch of awesome. 

Now the episode compared to Doctor Who standards was a fun and exciting filler/guest starry episode. I really liked the balance of Rupert Graves and Smith. Kinda of like a much more fun Sherlock/Lastrade. 

If they were drunk. And there were dinosaurs. In Space. 

The story was just fun. It was exciting. It made me happy. 

And there many a moment that I enjoyed. 
Before I get into the episode----


Karen Gillian was really attractive and funny in this episode. Amy Pond I'm somewhat nuetral. I like her moxie but I've never been well......attracted. Not that I'm not now. She just was fun to see in this episode. I guess it was cause she was like her own Doctor when she had the two companions of Queen Neffy and Graves. ((Which is funny cause she calls them her companions)) 

Also I liked how she took charge and knew what she was doing. 

Also I loved that the Silurians where in this episode since that day I was having a Silurian day to pay respect to dinosaurs :D 

This was a big connection episode for me and the character of the Doctor. The Doctor is the one character in science fiction that I feel I understand and connect to. A daft young/old being who knows his stuff and likes to travel around and have adventures. 

All of Smith's reactions would be mine in this episode. Especially when he firsts sees the dinosaurs. Also the scene when he meets the Triceratops was just so...well...me! I could barely contain myself. 

On the dinosaur note: 
I know my dinosaurs. I've been on several digs and they are my passion. For the most part, the dinosaurs where pretty accurate. The T-rex was a little sad, but I understand the budget with Who and it made sense that we had a sleepy baby one. My one twitch was the pteradactyls (which were Pteradons). 

It was nice seeing the Triceratops play such a memorable role. Tricera's final scene was such a stab for me. It was nice to connect with the Doctor in the way that we witnessed something horrible to a beautiful animal that represents the pure ideals of imagination and wonder in the natural world. 

I liked Rory's dad. It was a really cool thing to see Rory's side of the family a little more. I loved his life change and the scene that shows his change. 
Cause who wouldn't want to do this? 

The villians in this episode where interesting. The main villian, Solomon, was just plain old dastardly. His robot henchmen where awesome though. :) 

A lot of the fandom kinda of has freaked that the Doctor actually kills him. I'm with what the Doctor did. He proved to the be the instrument that sent Solomon to the end of what his life brings. 

Plus....did what Solomon did in this episode, of course that action is justified. 

I am looking forward to where the rest of the season is going. There were some major drops of the tell tale signs that Amy and Rory's story in Doctor Who is coming to an end. And this time....the Doctor sees it coming too. Smith's go lucky acting shows the deep layers that makes the Doctor who he is...and the complete understanding that nothing....even the happiness of being the best man and imaginary friend to the two companions who taught him so much, will soon be gone. 

on a lighter note. Favorite scene: 



~The Silly Wanderer~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment